Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Assignment 5: Go Animate



Go Animate--fun, fun, fun! This is an online animation application that allows for the creation of a short animated film. Registration is free and it can be used for free, but the free tool only allows for a maximum of a 30 second video. Within the application, there is the ability to select different backgrounds, props, and avatars, all done with dragging and dropping. The avatars can be given different expressions, poses, motions, and voices. Dialog can be recorded by keying in what is to be said by the characters and then you can choose what type of voice you wish to be heard. For example, you may choose a female avatar for your story and give her an Australian accent when she speaks. Another option is to record your own voice and apply to an avatar. It is a great way to introduce a topic or unit, tell a story, create tutorials, and/or provide marketing for social media.



The implications for education are vast due to the fact that teachers and students can utilize this tool. Teachers can use it for introducing themselves to a new class, delivering course material, and teaching and training tutorials. Students can use this tool to demonstrate knowledge of a particular subject, produce creative videos for specific activities, tell stories, and/or create a video resume`. Go Animate creates visual excitement and helps keep students engaged and interested. I have used this in my classrooms and was amazed at how excited the students were while using it, and how creative they were in the making of the videos.

A Day in the Life by gonzaleskg on GoAnimate

3 comments:

  1. I like this tool, GoAnimate, for classroom use. Like you, I can see how it could be utilized by both the teacher and the students. I have not used it yet in my classroom, but I know that my students would be very excited to use it. They would enjoy creating their own animations to tell a story, share a book, or teach a particular topic to the class. The uses for this tool in education and business are limitless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video. I really enjoyed this tool, it was one of my favorites. The only thing I didn't like was the limited time with the free trial. I can definitely see its use in the classroom, as well as assignments they can send or place on their blogs. Teachers can create videos as examples for students, on how to do an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your video clip, it is interesting. And for me, I like the tool very much. It could open our visual to create amazing video clip. A bunch of templates, characters, and background music, are all materials to help creating a unique video. And I bet students gonna love this tool because it looks like they are watching the animation. The only one backward is that the free version only has a 30 second time for video.

    ReplyDelete